Passport Online application: A Lot Of Company’s worldwide have opened a Jobs for us Indian Students, and Large Number of Students are going to abroad for Studies. Jobs offers in MNC’ s and a little craving for travelling around the world. the one thing that becomes really important to have with you is a passport.
How to Apply Passport Online, Apply Fresh Passport /renewal passport,
Since Indian Government has outsourced the task of making passports to private sector TCS (Tata Consultancy Services) , the process has become very easy now. But does it mean you won’t have to take several rounds like you do take of a government office? what are those minute differences between a PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) and any government office. Last Month I applied for Fresh Passport Via online mode for myself and I Received My Fresh Passport today. Here’s my personal experience the application process via online mode in detail and list of Do’s and Don’ts that I would suggest everyone.
Way to Apply Passport with My Personal experience.
1. Visit the Passport India Website.
2. Login using your username and password. If you don’t have an account, click Register and create an account.
3. After logging into your account, click on “Apply for Fresh Passport/Re-issue of Passport”.
4. You can either fill the form online or download the application form, fill it manually and upload it in the website.
5. Select the Type of Passport, Type of Application and Number of Pages. If minor, age must be mentioned (below 10 years or above 10 years and below 18 years). If not, click on ‘Not Applicable’. After filling these details, click ‘Next’
6. Now, you are supposed to enter your Name, Date and Place of Birth, Marital Status and Citizen Ship Details. After filling these Details, click ‘Next’. In the next step, enter Pan and Voter Card Number (If available), Employment type, Qualification etc. Click ‘Next’.
7. Enter your Family Details. Click ‘Next’.
8. Enter your Address (Present), Mobile Number and Email ID (Not Compulsory) . Click ‘Next’. Enter Emergency Contact Details. Click ‘Next’.
9. Enter Reference Details (Name, Address, Mobile Number). Click ‘Next’.
10. Enter Previous Passport Details (If any). Click ‘Next’.
11. Now, you’ll be asked 6 questions regarding Criminal Procedures etc. You either have to select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. After answering all the questions, click ‘Next’.
12. In the next step, read the declaration and enter the place and date. Also read the additional benefit section and click yes or no. Then click ‘Submit Form’.
13. Now, you will be given an Application Reference Number.
The Application Procedure is completed with this step. Your Application form will be saved in your account and you can check it any time by logging into your email and clicking on ‘View Saved Applications’.
Paying the Fee
1. In ‘View Saved Applications’ select the application form. Then, click ‘Schedule Appointment’. Here, you can pay the fee online.
2. After paying the fee, you can click on ‘Schedule Appointment’ and select nearest PSK (Passport Seva Kendra) and Police Station.
NOTE : If you wish to reschedule the appointment, click on ‘Schedule Appointment’ in ‘View/Saved Applications’ and select ‘Reschedule / Cancel Appointment’. Select the preferred PSK and click ‘Book Appointment’. Your previous appointments will be cancelled after clicking this. You can reschedule only limited number of times.
3. After booking an appointment, you will be given date and time. Print the Application Receipt.
You need to carry Original and Print out of documents that are to be submitted. In case of minors, NOC certificate from parents / Annex H along with other documents.
Procedure in PSK
1. You have to go to the selected PSK before 30 or 45 minutes before the given time. You’ll be allowed to enter the PSK 15 minuted before given time.
2. After Entering the PSK, your documents will be filed and token number will be given to you.
3. You will be directed to the A counter. Wait till your token number is displayed on the TV. Your number will be displayed along with the counter number. Take all your documents and go to the counter displayed. There, your photograph will be taken and all your applications will be scanned. Next, you’ll be directed to B counter.
4. Wait till your Token Number is displayed. Go to the counter number mentioned. In this counter, your applications will be verified and you’ll be directed to counter C.
5. In counter C, your application will be reviewed and will be taken. This completes the procedure.
1. If you don’t have any document (original or print out or both) you will be sent back and will be asked to come again t 08:00AM.
2. If you are asked to come again due to lack of documents, your application form will be taken at the exit and you will be given an acknowledgement slip.
3. You will be given your application form only if you give the the acknowledgement slip when you visit the PSK for re-verification. The procedure is again same from A counter.
Address and References Verification
1. Verification officer will call you and give you your verification date.
2. Verification officer will check the certificates once again and will take Signatures from the Reference Persons you mentioned during the application procedure.
3. A passport size photograph will be asked by the Verification officer.
4. After the verification is over, you’ll get your Passport through Post.
IMPORTANT NOTE :-
1. You need not carry your photographs to the PSK center. A webcam will be used to capture your photo in A Counter.
2. You need to give a passport size photograph to the Verification Officer.
3. Your References must be present, when the verification officer comes to verify your details.
4. In case of minors, do not forget to carry No Objection Certificate / Annex H.
5. Reach the PSK in time.